The Be Your BEST Foundation has lit a fire! We created a program to light you up and give you all the tools you need to achieve your health goals. We call it the Spark Program and it gives you the tools you need to achieve your wellness goals. Each of the letters in BEST represent an area we focus on in our program:
B – Body
E – Emotion
S – Support
T – Transformation
In the Spark Program you’ll set goals in each of these areas. Let’s introduce how the goals in the program all work together. We see the greatest success come for our “BESTies” when they set SMARTER goals:
S – Specific
M – Measureable
A – Attainable
R – Relevant
T – Timely
ER – Everyday Repeat
Since transformation is about more than just losing weight or supporting others, we have a few unique steps as part of each goal. Each of the goals typically take between 30-60 days.
– Coaching Call – All joining the Spark Program begin the Body Goal with a “Welcome Coaching Call” to get them off on the right foot. For the Emotion, Support and Transformation Goals, participants join an “Advanced Coaching Call” that focuses on sustaining each person’s BEST. A schedule of Coaching Call times can be found on the bybf.org Calendar website.
– Learn – For each goal, participants read one book related to their goal and write a review to submit on the Learn website. Head to bybf.org > Resources > Learn to see our book list and submit reviews
– Serve – For each goal, participants perform 5 hours or meaningful service, whether it be a project in your community or help for your neighbor. Then they submit their Service Summary on our bybf.org > Resources > Serve website.
– Reflect – For each goal, participants write a minimum of 1 journal entry per week. This journal is for you to reflect on your ups, downs and flip arounds! This can be kept in a personal record or shared by submitting it on our bybf.org > Resources > Reflect website.
– Maintenance Goals – As participants complete each goal, they set a less-challenging maintenance goal to continue the great habits they developed into the proceeding goals.
– **Spark Meetings – Join our Spark Meetings! Each meeting is hosted and led by a BEST leader. We focus on goal accomplishment and discuss how to deal with breakdowns. Spark Meetings always include celebrating successes! A calendar of meeting dates can be found on our bybf.org website Calendar.
Now let’s tie this into how you achieve each letter:
When beginning the Body Goal, you’ll schedule and join a “Welcome Coaching Call”. You’ll set your Body Goal related to exercise, flexibility or nutrition. You can integrate any or all if you choose! You will go to our Spark Program website to Begin a Goal to submit your goal.
As mentioned above, you’ll Learn, Serve and Reflect during your Body Goal. We encourage you to attend Spark Meetings as you are able to get great support along the way!
After the Body Goal is complete, you’ll set up and join an Advanced Coaching Call, where the Body Maintenance Goal and Emotion Goal will be discussed. For the Emotion Goal you will choose one OR both of the following:
1) Meditate for 10 minutes every day for 30 days
2) Overcome a fear. For many, fear is the reason they cannot complete their transformation. Now is your chance!
Just as with the Body Goal, you’ll Learn, Serve, and Reflect during your Emotion Goal. Spark Meetings are always at your disposal to provide the support along your transformation!
With two goals under your belt, the Advanced Coaching Call for your Support Goal will discuss your plan to really give back! You will also set your Body and Emotion Maintenance Goals as you begin. During the Support Goal you will perform service both for the BEST Foundation AND in your community, totaling at least 10 hours! A bit of collaboration may be in order to maximize your efforts.
You’ll continue with Learn and Reflect, with your typical 5 hours for “Serve” being part of your two projects. This is where your experience in the Spark Program can really help others attending Spark Meetings, so we hope you’ll make the effort!
We took a radical approach to the Transformation goal. Having achieved your Body, Emotion and Support Goals, for your final accomplishment we want you to write a “Declaration of Transformation.” You may call it a “report,” but we believe it is something more. You have left behind the old habits and mindset that slowed your progress. Your Declaration of Transformation sets forth the following, in 500 words or more:
– Share a little about your life when you began the program
– Your reason for deciding to begin the Spark Program and to Be Your BEST
– What you accomplished and overcame during your Body, Emotion and Support Goals
– How you plan to continue your transformation on your journey to your BEST self
During your transformation goal, you’ll continue setting your Body, Emotion and Support Maintenance Goals, and you’ll with Learn, Serve and Reflect (journaling until you submit your Declaration of Transformation!).
Ready to Start Your Spark?
Are you excited? Are you ready? Take your first step by going to the Spark Program website and beginning with Step 1. We love you and are so excited to meet you and watch you transform! We at the Be Your BEST Foundation welcome you to the Spark Program!
**We offer the Spark Meetings on a regular basis. However, if you cannot attend, that is okay. We understand time and location conflicts and are working to get Spark Meetings to more and more of you out there!